Test cases for watch is one of the common manual testing interview questions. In this post, we have compiled a list of some of the test scenarios of a watch.
These test cases are in the form of one-liners, for a detailed test case format you can check our test case template tutorial.
Test Cases for Watch
- Verify the type of watch – analog or digital.
- In the case of an analog watch, check the correctness time displayed by the second, minute, and hour hand of the watch.
- In the case of a digital watch, check the digital display for hours, minutes, and seconds is correctly displayed.
- Verify the material of the watch and its strap.
- Check if the shape of the dial is as per specification.
- Verify the dimension of the watch is as per the specification.
- Verify the weight of the watch.
- Check if the watch is waterproof or not.
- Verify that the numbers in the dial are clearly visible or not.
- Check if the watch is having a date and day display or not.
- Verify the color of the text displayed in the watch – time, day, date, and other information.
- Verify that clock’s time can be corrected using the key in case of an analog clock and buttons in case of a digital clock.
- Check if the second hand of the watch makes ticking sound or not.
- Verify if the brand of the watch and check if its visible in the dial.
- Check if the clock is having stopwatch, timers, and alarm functionality or not.
- In the case of a digital watch, verify the format of the watch 12 hours or 24 hours.
- Verify if the watch comes with any guarantee or warranty.
- Verify if the dial has glass covering or plastic, check if the material is breakable or not.
- Verify if the dial’s glass/plastic is resistant to minor scratches or not.
- Check the battery requirement of the watch.
This completes our tutorial on test cases for a watch. If you feel we have missed some common test cases then do share the same via the comments section.