Test Cases for registration page is one of the commonly asked interview questions during software testing interviews.
Since registration or signup functionality is a fairly common feature in most applications. So, the interviewer can directly ask this question during interviews. Moreover, these types of test scenario-based questions can be asked without needing to explain the application.
Test Cases for SignUp Page
- Verify that all the required fields – username, email, password, confirm password, etc are present on the registration page.
- Verify that on passing valid values, a user should get registered and the same should be allowed to login to the application.
- Verify that if a user tries to register an existing username then an error message should get displayed.
- Verify that the required/mandatory fields are marked with the ‘*’ symbol.
- Verify that for a better user interface – dropdowns, radio buttons, checkboxes, etc fields are displayed wherever possible instead of just text boxes.
- Verify the page has both submit and cancel/reset buttons at the end.
- Verify that clicking submits button after entering all the required fields, submits the data to the server.
- Verify that clicking the cancel/reset button after entering all the required fields, cancels the submit request, and reset all the fields.
- Verify that if no value is passed to the mandatory fields and submit button is clicked then it leads to a validation error.
- Verify that the user can leave the optional fields blank and on clicking the submit button no validation error appears.
- Verify that whenever possible validation should take place on the client side. For example, if a user presses submit button without entering a username, and password then this validation should take place on the client side instead of sending blank entries to the server.
- Check the upper limit of the different textbox fields.
- Verify validation on the date and email fields. Only valid dates and valid email Ids should be allowed.
- Check validation on numeric fields by entering alphabets and special characters.
- Check that leading and trailing spaces are trimmed i.e. in case, the user appends space before and after a field, then the same should get trimmed before getting stored on the server.
Test Case Examples
Do check our detailed guide on Test Scenarios to learn about test scenarios along with its template.
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can connect with him on LinkedIn.