Test Cases for registration page is one of the commonly asked interview questions during software testing interviews.
Since registration functionality is a fairly common feature in most of the applications. So, the interviewer can directly ask this question to check the ability of the tester to create test cases without needing to explain the application.
- Verify that all the specified fields are present on the registration page.
- Verify that the required/mandatory fields are marked with * against the field.
- Verify that for better user interface dropdowns, radio buttons and checkboxes, etc fields are displayed wherever possible instead of just text boxes.
- Verify the page has both submit and cancel/reset buttons at the end.
- Verify that clicking submits button after entering all the required fields, submits the data to the server.
- Verify that clicking cancels/reset button after entering all the required fields, cancels the submit request, and reset all the fields.
- Verify that whenever possible validation should take place at the client-side.
- Verify that not filling the mandatory fields and clicking the submit button will lead to a validation error.
- Verify that not filling the optional fields and clicking the submit button will still send data to the server without any validation error.
- Check the upper limit of the textboxes.
- Check validation on the date and email fields (only valid dates and valid email Ids should be allowed.
- Check validation on numeric fields by entering alphabets and special characters.
- Verify that leading and trailing spaces are trimmed.
- Verify that entering blank spaces on mandatory fields leads to the validation error.
- Verify that after making a request to the server and then sending the same request again with the same unique key will lead to the server-side validation error.
Test Case Examples
Do check our detailed guide on Test Scenarios to learn about test scenarios along with its template.
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can find him on LinkedIn.