Are you looking to learn automation testing but don’t know any programming language? This tutorial series is designed for complete beginners with no or minimal programming background in Java or any other programming language.
Here, we will teach you the concepts of Java with a focus on the parts that will be greatly used in automation using Selenium, Appium, and other Java-based automation tools. After this core Java tutorial series, you can go with our automation testing tutorials like – Selenium WebDriver with Java Tutorial to start your automation testing journey.
So, let’s begin with the course structure specially curated for QAs.
Core Java for Testers Course
- Introduction to Java – Before learning any programming language, it is always good to know about its history, its features and the different parts that comprise the language. So, in our first tutorial, we will learn what is Java, its history, features and after that about some terminologies like JDK, JRE, and JVM.
- Java download and installation – In this tutorial, we will learn how to install Java on your machine and set the environment variables. After that, we will set up an Integrated Development Environment – Eclipse and run our first Java program – HelloWorld.java on Eclipse and notepad.
- Basics of Java programming – In this tutorial, we will learn about the basic building blocks of Java language – the variables, data types, operators, conditional statements, loops, methods, classes, and objects. Each concept will be explained with the help of code snippets which you can use while practicing.
- OOPS concepts – In this tutorial, we will learn about the OOPS or the Object-Oriented Programming concept in Java. After that, we will study the four pillars of OOPS – Inheritance, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, and Abstraction in detail with the help of examples and code snippets.
- String handling in Java – In this tutorial, we will study the string handling in Java. This tutorial is specially designed to help you with all the common String functions that will be immensely used in automation.
- Exception Handling in Java – In this tutorial, we will learn about Exception handling which is one of the most important features of Java programming. This allows the handling of different runtime exceptions using try, catch, finally keywords.
- Java Collection – Here we will study Java Collections and the Collection framework. We will be focusing on the collection framework’s interface and classes that you will be using in automation like – Set, HashSet, List, ArrayList, Map, Hashmap, etc.
Core Java Interview Questions – After going through the tutorial series, you can always check our core Java interview questions to both, test your knowledge as well as prepare for the interviews. Here, we have compiled a list of over 100 frequently asked core Java interview questions with answers.
This tutorial series is contributed by Namrata Roy, she is a Java evangelist and loves to code.
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can find him on LinkedIn.