Apache JMeter is one of the most widely used open-source performance testing tools. Using JMeter, we can test different kinds of applications ranging from HTTP/HTTPS based applications to Database and FTP servers. Our Apache JMeter tutorial starts with the basics of performance testing and then moves to its various features using which we can load test different types of applications.
Step by Step – JMeter Tutorial
- What is JMeter? – JMeter, its features and limitations.
- JMeter Download and Installation – JMeter setup on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Test Plan in JMeter – A logical container for different load test elements.
- Different elements of a JMeter Test Plan
- Thread Group – Simulate a pool of virtual users.
- Samplers – For simulating different requests in JMeter.
- Logic Controllers – To customize the processing of sampler requests.
- Listeners – To view and analyze the load test results.
- Timers – To pause the execution of test for a defined time.
- Assertions – To validate the sampler response received from server.
- Config Element – To modify the sampler requests made to the server.
- Pre Processors – To modify the sampler requests before its processing.
- Post Processors – To perform certain actions after the request processing.
- Performance Testing of Web Applications using JMeter
- Performance Testing of Websites – Web application performance testing using JMeter.
- Record and Playback in JMeter – Recording of a web application in JMeter.
- Parameterization in JMeter – For passing test data from external files to the script.
- Correlation in JMeter – For handling dynamic/session variables.
- Rest API Testing using JMeter – Creating test plan for REST APIs using JMeter.
- SOAP Web Service testing using JMeter – Creating test plan for SOAP web services.
- Database Performance testing using JMeter – Creating test plan for databases.
- FTP Server Performance testing using JMeter – Creating test plan for FTP servers.
Other Useful JMeter Tutorials
- JMeter Result Analysis – Understanding attributes of aggregate report listener.
- Distributed load testing in JMeter – Learn about distributed load testing in JMeter.
- BeanShell Scripting in JMeter – Used for scripting of complex operations.
- Handling File Upload in JMeter – File upload scenario scripting in JMeter.
- Running JUnit Tests in JMeter – Load testing of JUnit tests in JMeter.
JMeter Interview Questions
- JMeter Interview Questions – A comprehensive list of JMeter interview questions.