Hello friends! In this article will share test cases for Lift. Since the focus here is to understand the different features to be tested instead of creating actual test cases, so we have presented test scenarios here instead of test cases.
- Verify the dimensions of the lift.
- Verify the type of door of the lift is as per the specification.
- Verify the type of metal used in the lift interior and exterior.
- Verify the capacity of the lift in terms of the total weight.
- Verify the buttons in the lift to close and open the door and numbers as per the number of floors.
- Verify that the lift moves to the particular floor as the button of the floor is clicked.
- Verify that the lift stops when the up/down buttons on a particular floor are pressed.
- Verify if there is an emergency button to contact officials in case of any mishap.
- Verify the performance of the floor – the time taken to go to a floor.
- Verify that in case of power failure, the lift doesn’t free-fall and gets halted on the particular floor.
- Verify lifts working in case the button to open the door is pressed before reaching the destination floor.
- Verify that in case the door is about to close and an object is placed between the doors if the doors sense the object and again open or not.
- Verify the time duration for which the door remains open by default.
- Verify if the lift interior is having proper air ventilation.
- Verify lighting in the lift.
- Verify that at no point the lift door should open while in motion.
- Verify that in case of power loss, there should be a backup mechanism to safely get into a floor or a backup power supply.
- Verify that in case the multiple floor number button is clicked, the lift should stop on each floor.
- Verify that in case of capacity limit is reached users are prompted with a warning alert- audio/visual.
- Verify that inside lift users are prompted with the current floor and direction information the lift is moving towards- audio/visual prompt.
Test Case Examples
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can connect with him on LinkedIn.