In this post, we will cover the test cases for fan including test scenarios for the user-interface (look) and functionality (features) of a fan.
- Check the type of fan – whether the fan is ceiling fan or table fan
- Verify the number of blades on the fan
- Verify the ON-OFF functionality of fan
- Verify if the fan works normally-throws wind on the right direction
- Verify the material of which fan’s blade and other parts are made
- Check the voltage/power requirement of the fan
- Verify the maximum speed of fan
- Check the minimum speed of the fan
- Verify that the speed of fan can be regulated using regulator
- Verify that when in motion, the fan should not wobble
- Check the length of the fan rod and blades
- Verify that the weight of the fan is as per the specifications
- Verify that the color of the fan is as per the specifications
- Check the effect of voltage fluctuation on fan when in motion
- Check the effect of sudden electricity outage on fan’s motor and other electrical parts
- Verify the fan’s condition when continuously switched on for very large duration
- Check if there is any lifetime of fan’s internal parts or the body
- Check if the blades of the fan can be bend or not, check if its material is brittle
- Check the time taken by fan to attain maximum speed, when switched ON
Test Case Examples
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can connect with him on LinkedIn.
2 thoughts on “Test Cases for Fan”
1.Check if the brand label is present on the fan , and it is visible or not
2.check if any warranty is there or not
3. Check fan condition when suddenly increasing the maximum speed of the fan
1)Check if fan is not making noise during ON position.
2)Check whether anything (object) touch to fan accidently then it should work properly as before.
3)Check the stability of fan on its maximum speed.