In this post, we will cover the test cases for fan including test scenarios for the user-interface (look) and functionality (features) of a fan.
PS: These are test scenarios and not test cases. Since the focus here is to understand the different functionalities to be tested instead of actual test cases, so, we have added test scenarios here for faster readability.
- Check the type of fan – whether the fan is ceiling fan or table fan
- Verify the number of blades on the fan
- Verify the ON-OFF functionality of fan
- Verify if the fan works normally-throws wind on the right direction
- Verify the material of which fan’s blade and other parts are made
- Check the voltage/power requirement of the fan
- Verify the maximum speed of fan
- Check the minimum speed of the fan
- Verify that the speed of fan can be regulated using regulator
- Verify that when in motion, the fan should not wobble
- Check the length of the fan rod and blades
- Verify that the weight of the fan is as per the specifications
- Verify that the color of the fan is as per the specifications
- Check the effect of voltage fluctuation on fan when in motion
- Check the effect of sudden electricity outage on fan’s motor and other electrical parts
- Verify the fan’s condition when continuously switched on for very large duration
- Check if there is any lifetime of fan’s internal parts or the body
- Check if the blades of the fan can be bend or not, check if its material is brittle
- Check the time taken by fan to attain maximum speed, when switched ON
Test Case Examples
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can connect with him on LinkedIn.