In this article, we are sharing some test scenarios for a computer mouse. The focus here is to cover the different features to be tested instead of the creation of formal test cases, so we will be presenting test scenarios here.
- Check if the mouse is an optical mouse or not.
- Verify that left-click and right-click buttons are working fine.
- Check if the double click is working fine.
- Verify the time duration between two left clicks, in order to consider it as a double click.
- Check if the scroller is present at the top or not.
- Verify the speed of the mouse pointer.
- Check the pressure required for clicking the mouse buttons.
- Verify the acceleration of the mouse pointer.
- Verify that clicking the button and dragging the mouse operation is working fine(drag and drop functionality).
- Check the dimension of the mouse, if it’s suitable to grip and work.
- Verify that the mouse works in all the allowed surfaces.
- Check if the mouse is a wireless mouse or corded mouse.
- In the case of wireless mouse, check the range up to which the mouse remains operational.
- In the case of a wireless mouse, check the battery requirement of the mouse.
- Check if there is an option to switch on or mouse.
Test Case Examples
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can connect with him on LinkedIn.