- Check if the calculator is a normal calculator or a scientific calculator.
- Verify that all the buttons are present and text written on them is readable.
- Check the arithmetic operations are working fine- +, -, /, * etc.
- Verify that BODMAS is applied in case of complex queries and the correct result is returned.
- Verify that the calculator gives the correct result in case of operations containing decimal numbers.
- Check if the calculator is battery operated or works on solar power.
- Verify the outer body material of the calculator.
- Verify the spacing between the two buttons, the buttons should not be too closely placed.
- Check the pressure required to press a button, the pressure required should not be too high.
- Verify the number of digits allowed to enter in the calculator for any operation.
- Verify the limit of the response value.
- Verify the functioning of memory functions.
- Check if the calculator allows navigating through previous calculations.
- Verify that hitting ‘C’ cancels any digits or operation added.
- Verify the working of the ON-OFF button in the calculator.
- Check if keeping the calculator unused for a certain period of time, turns it off automatically.
- Verify that on pressing two operators one after the other, the latest one will override the previous operator.
- Verify the state of the calculator when two buttons are pressed simultaneously.
- Verify if the user can delete digits one by one using the backspace key.
Test Case Examples
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can connect with him on LinkedIn.
3 thoughts on “Test Cases for Calculator”
Need test case for Bonus calculation
test case for percentage
1) Verify That after entering incorrect operation in calculator must show the error keyword there.
2) Verify the negative responce/Answer/Numbers (digit) should be shown with minus sign.