In this post, we have compiled an exhaustive list of some of the most frequently asked QA interview questions. We will include questions on manual, automation, performance, and database testing.
Quality Assurance and testing are different operations. QA being process-driven and testing being an activity, we do to ensure Quality Control. Still, most of the people work in a dual role of QA Engineer and Tester. So, these interview questions will hold good for both QAs as well as Testers.
So, let’s begin.
- 100+ Manual testing interview questions and answers – Be interview ready with our comprehensive list of tricky QA interview questions on manual testing for both freshers and experienced.
- Popular test scenarios asked in interviews – Frequently asked test scenarios in interviews. Some of these are – test scenarios for a pen, ATM machine, login page, registration page, e-commerce application, etc along with other real-time examples.
- Top 100 types of testing – Take a quick glance at 100 different types of software testing techniques to be well prepared for the QA interviews.
- Agile interview questions and answers – Top 70 Agile and Scrum Interview questions and answers for experienced professionals.
- ETL Testing interview questions – Top ETL Testing interview questions and for freshers and experienced ETL Testers.
- 100+ Selenium interview questions and answers – Check over 100 interview questions on Selenium Test Suite. These questions range from basic theoretical concepts to advanced concepts on design patterns and frameworks.
- Top TestNG interview questions and answers – Automation testing interview preparation is never complete without interview questions on testing frameworks like – TestNG. These interview questions will also help in understanding the different features of TestNG.
- Core Java Interview Questions – Top 100 core Java interview questions that you should prepare for your interviews. These questions are ideally suited for beginners as well as automation testers.
Database – SQL
- Top 20 SQL queries asked in interviews – Here, we have compiled a list of the top 20 SQL queries asked in interviews. We start with simple queries like Group by, having, joins, etc. Then as the post progresses, we move to advanced SQL queries like finding nth highest Salary, finding duplicate rows, etc.
- Top 50 DBMS interview questions with answers – Check our comprehensive list of top 50 DBMS interview questions. These questions will challenge your database knowledge, independent of any DBMS.
- Top SQL Joins interview questions with answers – Prepare for your SQL interviews with our list of frequently asked SQL joins interview questions. These hold good for both beginners as well as experienced professionals.
- Top JMeter interview questions and answers – Prepare for your Performance testing and JMeter interviews with our top 25 JMeter interview questions and answers. The interview questions cover both theoretical as well as practical questions on performance testing using JMeter.
- Linux interview questions and answers – Since Linux is free and secure, hence, it is the automatic choice of Operating System for the vast majority of applications. So, as a QA you are supposed to know the basics of Linux and usage of some of its most frequently used commands. Here, we have compiled the top 50 Linux interview questions and answers designed specifically for beginners.
- Software Engineering interview questions – The knowledge of software engineering is the common requirement for both developers and QAs. So, these software engineering interview questions will help you in your QA interviews as well.
Kuldeep is the founder and lead author of ArtOfTesting. He is skilled in test automation, performance testing, big data, and CI-CD. He brings his decade of experience to his current role where he is dedicated to educating the QA professionals. You can connect with him on LinkedIn.
8 thoughts on “QA Interview Questions”
hi Thank you for the tutorial. Can you please include some real time industry related testing interview questions along with this or if there is any can you please share the link. Thanks in advance.
Thanks Pavithra. Apart from the basic questions which are meant for informational purpose, most of the questions are asked in real interview. But I got your suggestion, soon I will be starting a user-provided interview questions list.
Thank you so much sir for your great involvement in this IT Era in the form of “art of testing” .Your website is helping who is looking for complete information about software testing and this helped me alot. Thank you so much for your support and co-operation .
Thanks for your feedback Komal.
Interesting blogs and tutorials are great, I have one request to also add mostly asked intereview questions on API testing please.
Thanks, I will put this topic in the pipeline.
This website is helping a lot to the beginners and
you have put lot of test cases to practice.
Thank you so much for your afford.
As I am a beginner, do you recommend me to get any types of certificate to become a QA Tester in USA because I have completed my BBS from my home country.
What do you suggest? It will be really helpful.
You can go for ISTQB certification.