Selenium is one of the most widely used open source Web UI automation testing tools. It supports automation of websites across different browsers, platforms and programming languages.
Selenium Tutorial for beginners with examples
Our Selenium tutorials are designed specifically for beginners. We will start with the basics of Selenium and then as the tutorial progresses, we will move to the more advanced stuff.
- Selenium Introduction - Introduction to Selenium, its different components, advantages and limitations.
- Selenium WebDriver Setup - Java, Eclipse and Selenium setup with a sample script for validation.
- Launching Browsers in Selenium - Commands and sample scripts to launch different browsers.
- Finding web elements in Selenium - Locate web elements using Firebug and Selenium locators.
- Selenium WebDriver Basic Commands - Some of the most commonly used WebDriver commands.
- Waits in Selenium - Learn about waits in Selenium for synchronizing different user actions.
CSS and XPath Locator Tutorial
For effectively working with different elements, especially the dynamic elements, one should know how to create complex element locators. In the below two tutorials, we will study about the CSS and Xpath locators which help us in creating locating complex elements.
- CSS Locators - Learn how to locate elements using their CSS (Styling)
- XPath Locators - Learn how to identify elements using XPath (XML navigation)
Selenium WebDriver with Java Tutorial
The below tutorials will help you with code snippets for some of the most commonly performed actions in automation.
Here, we will study about some of the widely used automation frameworks and design patterns along with sample scripts for their implementations.
- Data Driven Framework - A data driven framework using Selenium and TestNG.
- Page Object Model - An automation design pattern that helps in creating maintainable test suites.
- Page Factory - One of the implementations of Page Object Model(POM) provided by Selenium.
Selenium With TestNG Tutorial
Selenium is just an automation tool, in order to make validations, pass-fail a test case, create test reports etc, we need a testing framework. In the below tutorials, we will study about one such framework/library - TestNG.
Other Selenium Tutorial
Database Automation Tutorials