Hello friends! in this post, we will present the different ios application automation tools. We will analyze each tool and present its features and limitations.
- Appium is open source tool for automating mobile, native and hybrid applications on both android and ios.
- It supports scripting in languages – Java, Ruby, C#, Python etc.
- It is cross-platform which enables code reuse across android and ios test suites.
- Download Link – Appium Official Site.
- Calabash is free open-source tool provided by Xamarin.
- It is used for automating both android and ios applications.
- It can be integrated with Cucumber to provide test cases in Given-When-Then format.
- Although cucumber is advised for integrating with Calabash but it supports automation in any Ruby based framework.
- Download Link – Calabash website.
- Frank is an open source tool provided by moredip.
- It can be used to automate acceptance tests for native iOS applications.
- It is based on Cucumber. So, the test cases are written in BDD style i.e. Given-When-Then format.
- Download link – Frank Github.
- EggPlant is a paid tool for automating android, ios, windows phone and BlackBerry applications.
- It uses image-based approach for UI automation.
- A single script created in eggPlant can be used for different mobile devices.
- Download Link – Download the free trial from Eggplant website.
- Ranorex is a paid tool for automating android, ios as well as windows applications.
- It has record and playback features.
- It provides drag and drops as well as programming using C# and VB scripts. So, both programmers and non-programmers can use it for scripting.
- Download Link – You can download the trial version from Ranorex website.