Hello friends! in this post we will be learning about - Usability testing. As the name suggests Usability testing is type of testing that deals with measuring the usability of the application. It is very critical to the application's success as it measures the ease with which a user can accomplish a task which directly relates to the revenue and other business goals.
Usability testing definition
Usability testing is a type of non-functional testing which determines the degree to which an application can be easily used and operated. It can be performed by the internal team or a small set of end users who explore the different functionalities of the application and share the usability defects.
Attributes of Usability testing
- Ease of use - How easily a user can use the different functionalities of the application.
- Ease of learning - How easily user can learn to use the application.
- Memorability - How easily user can remember the different flows of the application after exploring it for the first time.
- Error rate - While using the application, how often do users make mistakes and how easily can they recover from those errors.
- Level of satisfaction - This a subjective attribute that deals with the satisfaction or the general opinion user have about the product.
Advantages of Usability testing
- In Usability testing, the development team gets direct feedback from the potential user, this helps in creating a product that meets user's expectations.
- Increased user satisfaction with the product leads to meeting of business goals.
- Issues are identified before actual release of the product, this maximizes the chances of product's success.
- Well-conducted usability testing helps in minimizing the overall project cost, as usability bugs found after actual release leads to higher cost of bug fixing.