Alpha testing definition
Alpha testing is a type of User Acceptance Testing or internal acceptance testing conducted by the internal testing team at the developer's site. It is carried out in the later phase of software development using both black box and white box testing techniques.
Some features of alpha testing
- It is performed by testing professionals unlike beta testing which is perfored by potential users.
- It is performed at the developer's site.
- It involves both black box as well as white box testing techniques.
- It is carried out in a closely monitored testing environment.
- It has longer testing cycle as compared to beta testing.
Advantages of alpha testing
- Since it is a form of acceptance testing, so it help in validating application with the business requirements.
- As the testing takes placed in a controlled testing environment, defect can be reproduced easily.
- Defect resolution is faster in alpha testing as comapred to beta testing.